Saturday, September 6, 2008

Busy Week

Tuesday was a huge day in the life and times of our family. It was Benny's first official day at Sunflower Preschool! Desty and I took him to drop him off, and get him all registered, and settled. I was actually pretty un-phased by it, because he has been there so many times to check it out and for camp, and in past three weeks we've seen the owner of Sunflower at the store, and one of the teacher's at the fair. And he certainly was ready to get back to school!

The next three clips show different classrooms of Sunflower Preschool. You will notice in the first clip, Dustin focuses in on three books - those are our favorite kid books regarding disability and/or diversity. From top of the bookshelf to the bottom: Mama Zooms, A RainBow Of Friends, and Zoom! We donated all three of them to the school, and each family is getting a copy of Mama Zooms and A Rainbow of Friends at Back 2 School Night.





You are only seeing half of the outdoor classroom here.

Desty and I zoooomed back to the house after dropping Benny off, just in time to drive Vanessa and Cedric to the airport and pick up Dustin's sister, Rayna, from the airport. Rayna is playing nanny for a week, so that I can get all of my homework and other jobs done before we head for DC. She is fabulous with the children, but I'm afraid we need Jo Frost, ABC's Super Nanny right now. Benny is presently killing us with his heightened sense of entitlement and incredible bossiness - for another blog. Hopefully, this is just a phase that we can all (us, his baby sitter, his classmates and teachers) survive! I anticipate he will be thrilled and well-behaved in DC, as he will have all of my attention and he loves ADAPT. Hear my siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh! ;-)

On Wednesday, I applied for graduation (12/13/08), and began an evening Finance class. Finance should go much smoother than Accounting - I had the professor for Business Law and loved him. Sitting in his class made me realize just how cruel and insane my Accounting professor was!

I have literally been doing homework all week. These classes have 1st Night Assignments, which includes reading three chapters and writing 3-5 page papers. So I've been doing those AND homework for the next two weeks. I began Business Research and Methodologies this morning at 8a.m. It was Thursday morning when it donned on me that I will be up and out the door by 8:15a.m. on M - F to take Benny to preschool, and 7:00a.m. on Saturday for the next 16 weeks for my school! Ugh! Not that I'm not usually awake with the birds and kids, but I'm a P.J. Lounger. At least Benny's school is close....

And to close with a grin, watch this!

No comments: