Sunday, August 31, 2008

In Great Company

Our DNC volunteer guests left early on Wednesday morning to head home after four days of political life/festivities. I feel incredibly lucky to know Carrie and Jonas! I love Carrie to death, and I wish she lived closer - she's one of those people I just wanna be around - partially because I don't know what she's gonna do next! This Obama Mama/Baby pair is hilarious! Luckily, Carrie was into our 80's nights with PUNKY BREWSTER, 3's Company and the Golden Girls.

We have great company this weekend - Vanessa and her sweet barely 2 year old boy, Cedric, are hanging out with our brew until Tuesday. Interestingly enough, Vanessa worked as my PCA during most of my pregnancy with Benny, then ~21 months later returned to work for me for most of her pregnancy!



Yesterday we ate with the fish ------ literally -------- at the Downtown Aquarium in Denver! Vanessa had Grilled Mahi Mahi & Shrimp, Dustin and I split the Fish 'N Chips and the three kiddos had Mac N Cheese, of course. Guests eat around a 150,000 gallon aquarium filled with fishy creatures..."Which one's sister/brother am I eating?" It's a great restaurant to take young'ns to, because it's loud enough to not worry much about voice volume, and the fishies are quite entertaining while waiting for grubs. The fish is always extraordinary fresh and tastey too! ;-)

The actual aquarium is fabulous! These are a few video clips...


There's even a flash flood simulator. Desty and I got SOAKED! She is such a soap star!

And Benny, Desty and I got shot by the Big Squirt on our way to the van...
It was truly a great time for all! THEN I realized how much dinero we spent :-0

Oh man - what have I done?! Seriously - I remain stunned sick at the price of 2.5 hours of food, fun and education!

On Saturday, we went to Boulder's 10th annual Hometown Fair. It was HOT for the mamas and the papa, but the three tots had a great time. Cedric is train-crazy...

Play this next video for a surprise.......


And when Vanessa and Cedric fly out tomorrow, Dustin's sister flies in for a week! Rayna flies out on the 9th of September, and four days later, we are bound for DC!

School for both Benny and I, Music Lessons for Benny, and Swimming for both kids begin this week.

3 comments:

mark said...

Glad you guys had a great time with your DNC guests! That aquarium restaurant is sooooo cool...

You going to DC?

Mark

Destiny Ann said...

Mark -

Thanks! :-)

Yup! We're going to the ADAPT action! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tammy,

Looks like fun! Isn't it horrible what a time out can be? But it is worth it for the fun and memories.