Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Princess on Steroids and Personal Assistant Enterprise

Desty's fine now. Desty (in all her 24lbs!) got her steroids on Tuesday, every 3 hours. We switched to the doctor that treated her last time, so he knew what worked, etc. Last time it took almost an entire day to find something she would respond to. Dr. Fries is concerned because it's summertime, and very rare to get it in the summer. He's sure she'll get it again in the fall, etc. (We have refills...) Then he tells me to bring her in if it gets worse that night like in February...that he life flighted a 5 yr old to Children's because of Croup like hers recently because they couldn't get an airway. LOL That's all I needed to hear! NOT!!! I always thought Croup was no biggie...

I'm just relieved and relieved and relieved more, that we made it to the doctor's office. I'm going back to inquire further about allergies and asthma. I'm not particularly happy that my 2.75 year old needs steroids...

-------------------

I am hiring a Personal Care Assistant, and for the first time in ten years of directing my own care, all the interviewees have been promising! This is unreal!!!!!!!

Okay, I did have one gal set an interview and then e-mailed...
"Did I mention that I will only be here until August 7th?"
Sorry, but DUH!!!! By the time we do the background check, and all the paperwork, it will be August 6th. At least she e-mailed instead of coming and wasting everyone's time. A pet peeve I have is when the opening is for i.e. 7-11a.m. and at the end of the interview, they say, "Now, I would love this job, but I have a scheduling conflict and wouldn't be available until 9a.m., but I can work all afternoon."

So I have an unprecedented problem! :-) Usually, the decision who to hire is very clear-cut - usually ~1/4 of the candidates would fit. This is actually a wonderful problem to have! I wish I could send some of these interviewees down to my friends in Englewood, who have had the worst experience this summer finding interviewees. College towns are always easier to find candidates.

1 comment:

Niffer said...

I never really considered that argument for a landline. I may have to rethink our decision to not have one.