Sunday, October 9, 2011

I Belong In The Zoo!

Is it possible to enjoy a miserable time? I think it is....

Yesterday I took Benny and his friend to the zoo. They played in a warm class, doing tie-dye, touring the tropics exhibit and learning about VENOM!

For two hours...

This is what I did...

LOLOL! My friend, the boy's mom, gave me a way out of taking them because it's been such a sleepless week for us, but the crazy person in me said, "Oh, thank you! But don't worry - we're going no matter what! I planned for Dest to be tended so I can take the boys. Benny needs me too..."

And no matter what I meant!

Immediately after dropping the boys off at their class, I almost fell asleep on a toilet in the men's bathroom - don't ask! ;-)

It was so cold and uncomfortable, my bones hurt, I was so tired, etc., but I kinda felt like I was doing something naughty, and THAT, my friends, was cooooool! No one was there - I pretended we snuck into the zoo......



That, on top of listening to these two seven year old boys chat away about things that'd alert the FBI, really made a miserable time FUN and worth it!

It was a little bit of 'normal', if I dare say.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

molly g said...

I personally like to think that miserable can be fun. It's call hysteria. You naughty girl!

Niffer said...

Hi there! I don't know if you remember me. We used to write each other in emails from time to time. I am still on your notification email for your blog and I just recently saw the news on Destiny's troubles. I want to help! Can you please email me at Gniffers.Gnomes@gmail.com??? I have an idea for a tiny fund raiser. It's not the same email address you know me from but I'll explain after you contact me. Thanks! Hugs, Jennifer Vincent.