Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday Surprise

This is my blog, my story as a woman with a disability, as a divorcee, single mother, and so on. Basically, this is my autobiography of my life's evolution as of the date posted. I see professional blogs and I'm quite envious of the ease with which the author shares their honesty. (I should say that I'm usually glad I don't know the blogger because I wouldn't want to be a subject matter!)

My fear of being harshly judged for my thoughts, feelings and actions is dwindling as I gain more and more confidence in myself. I think about how difficult it has been in the past to hide certain decisions I have made, how much energy it drained from me, and the internal anguish and loneliness it caused. And how liberating it was to finally be able to tell people, and accept their support. I am done being ashamed.

This is my blog, gosh dangit! And that's what I'm gonna do! After all, no one called Child Protection when I let my 'medically fragile' daughter go down a Zip Line! LOLOL Sorry! ;-) The thought did cross my mind!

My point is: This is my real life!
--------------------------

Well, hmmm, where do I begin tonight? Once upon a time, I was told, "I'm positive, and so are you!" and my life was forever changed. The positivity that my doctor was referring to has turned into a 7-year-old boy, the Sonshine of my life and grey in my hair. He's in the second grade now, his body slightly more ill-proportioned with each passing month - which makes me happy and nostalgic all at once. Nowadays, you can expect him to be strutting around with a bright red Mohawk atop his ever-big head. Today we were spared the Mohawk.

Suddenly this child of mine is trying to convince me to home school him, alongside his sister. Hold on, my dear readers! - it's probably not going happen. I'm going to take the next few weeks to give him time to settle into his second grade class. I'm thinking that once he's settled and knows his place in class, he'll give up the idea. However, I will not refuse to evaluate the idea with him. In fact, I believe there's a great teaching lesson in this for both of us.

I can think of several pros and cons of teaching him myself off-hand. But I want to really think it through, determine if I have it in me to teach at two different levels...and not get a 'Benny break', and lose a lot of my one-on-one time with my Destiny. I'm feeling a bit stingy about that aspect.

And since Benny wants to try home schooling, we are going to have school next weekend and the following weekend to test the waters. He will be creating his own Pro/Con chart on the subject. LOL I'm thinkin' it will be a non-issue thereafter! ;-)

(I really like his teacher this year, so hopefully things will go smoother for him in the coming weeks!!!! Crossing all digits! ;-)

Ultimately, it is my decision based on what I believe is best for Benny.

Today we went and watched the new Winnie the Pooh Movie at Cinema Grill. If you want to take a kid to a kid movie in a family-friendly theater for a special experience (opposed to screen quality!), This Is The Place! And it's cheap, too! $2 admission, and then you order restaurant-style. We got a movie, lunch and dessert for less than the price of admission to a regular movie theater!

It tickles me to no end to hear my growing boy squeal with delight watching our Hundred Acre Wood Friends!

After the movie, we checked out the vintage car show in the same parking lot. It was pure Awesomeness! I really love suped up trucks!


Neither kid of mine could accept that our Chevy Town & Country mini-van is not nice enough to put in to show! It was hilarious! I made Benny ask this rough looking fella what kind of car he had...Benny came back to me, shrugging, "He says it's a caaar vet". I try not to laugh at my kids, but once in awhile, I just can't help it! So Benny kept repeating himself, and I couldn't stop laughing!

I decided I wanted even more cheap entertainment, so we stopped at a Outdoor World (comparable to Cabellas). For free we get a museum, an aquarium and a rock wall - as good as an amusement park!

This is my son climbing the rock wall...



Proud Mommy I Am!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome climbing Benny-I'm impressed! Thanks for sharing your blog with me Tammy :)
-Lilly