Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Snapshots of "Benny and Destiny's World Homeschool"

It's no Secret - I love teaching my children and taking a 'non-traditional' approach to education. While schools are cramming academics into kid's brains (which they may or may not retain, much due to the ridiculous standardized requirements that teacher's are forced to meet nowadays), I'm nurturing and educating my kids in using a "child-centered approach".

Benny and Destiny both do some worksheets, but as much as we can, we learn three-dimensionally. For example, check out these clocks that Benny created, using specific requirements set by me...

Check out these number counting worksheets Desty did at the library the other day...


Here we all are studying away...


Benny doing more math...


Benny's favorite picture of himself at Patchwork School...


And some random cool assignments...







Both kids have authored and illustrated their own books, which have been digitized. I'd love to share these amazingly creative stories on here, but I haven't figured out how to attach PDF's to blogspot...if it's possible, please enlighten me...

A Few Books That We Are Enjoying
Burly and Grum and the Secret City
and
Beyond The Forrest (A Burly and Grum Tale)
by Kate Tenbeth
Who Was Martin Luther King, Jr.?
by Bonnie Bader
The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV
by Jan Barenstain
Garbage! Monster! Burp!
by Tom Watson
Better Than You
by Trudy Ludwig
The SkippyJon Jones series
by Judy Schachner
And last but not least...
The Secret Zoo series!!!
by Bryan Chick


Of course, Benny's addicted to the Captain Underpants series and Desty wants to read anything about Love or Bunnies!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

rchaswms said...

You do such a wonderful job with your kids!